The FM63 is an infrared (IR) filter for flashlights and WeaponLights with a 1.47″ diameter bezel. Cancels out the non-infrared portion of the light spectrum to produce a smooth beam of infrared light for use with night vision devices and infrared-capable video cameras. For military or law enforcement infrared applications, SureFire also recommends the M1 Illuminator, as its dedicated infrared design may be more appropriate for mission critical tasking. Applying thumb pressure to the locking tab releases the cover; a spring mechanism keeps the open cover out of the way by holding it flat against the flashlight. A cam-locking lever keeps the entire unit securely attached to the flashlight.
- Fits 1.47″ bezels, including M2
- Cam-locking lever keeps filter securely attached to flashlight
- Spring-loaded filter lid stays up when open, locks in closed position
- 1000nm output
- Very low visible signature
- Provides secondary protection to flashlight window